If you read RSS (news article) pages, you may want to have Safari bookmark your favorite ones. If you already bookmarked the source of the RSS page—for example, if you bookmarked the New York Times website—you need a separate bookmark for the RSS view.
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- Open the RSS view for the webpage you want to search. For example, go to www.nytimes.com and click the RSS icon at the right end of the address bar.If there’s more than one RSS view for a webpage, click the RSS icon to see a list of available RSS pages. Choose the one you want.
- Click the Add (+) button.
- Type a name for the bookmark; for example, “Latest NYT Articles.”
- Specify where you want to keep the bookmark. You can add it to the bookmarks bar, the Bookmarks menu, or to another collection if you have created one.
- Click Add.When you click the bookmark, Safari displays the latest articles.
If you keep the bookmark in the bookmarks bar or Bookmarks menu, Safari can check periodically to see if there are any new articles and then display the number of new articles next to the bookmark’s name.